The mission of our schools is to educate responsible citizen scholars for success in a college of their choice and a life of active citizenship. Core to achieving this mission are the people who work in our schools every day. With direction from the Chief People Officer, our Assistant Director of Recruitment works as the on-the-ground manager overseeing the day-to-day implementation of outreach and selection strategy for the team. Through their project management skills and quick eye to identify blockers, the assistant director collaborates with the Chief People Officer to create the best-in-class hiring experience for both candidates and hiring managers that is systematic, proactive, equitable and efficient.
Who You Are
- You are a highly motivated collaborator who identifies problems, understands root causes, and proposes potential for change.
- You are an enthusiastic teammate with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- You are an organized, data-driven project manager that utilizes your content-matter expertise to partner with teams, schools, and other leaders to develop strong systems and solutions
- You are a strong communicator (written and oral) who adapts to fit the needs of the audience in order to build a sense of shared purpose and progress forward
- You bring maturity, humility, a strong work ethic, and a sense of humor to DPPS
- You have the ability to reflect on school-facing systems using varied data from diverse sources, and challenging the status quo when necessary
What You’ll Do
- In collaboration with the Chief People Officer, lead the day-to-day of the team’s outreach and cultivation strategy in order to attract and select 200+ high-quality new hires for 5 regions annually.
- Iterate and set up the execution of hiring practices such as structured interviews that empower Hiring Managers to confidently and unbiasedly build their teams via strong hiring decisions.
- Support recruitment teammates to meet their individual and team goals through the use of 1:1’s and team meetings.
- Help drive initiatives and changes that support the team’s ability to meet their key performance indicators for talent acquisition
- Manages the on-the-ground execution of recruitment initiatives by training the team and assessing how implementation is rolling out within schools.
- Maintains an iterative mindset around continuous improvement in-service of ensuring that hiring managers feel empowered to make hiring decisions and candidates feel that DPPS is a top employer.
- Recommends courses of action to the Director of Recruiting on what recruiting systems, protocols, and policies need to be improved upon.
Salary is commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.