Assessment Manager (Immediate Hire)
About the Opportunity
The Assessment Manager will play a vital role in ensuring the quality and effective administration of Democracy Prep’s internal assessments. This person will work with members of the Academic Team, Data Team, and Operations Team, as well as teachers and school leaders, to ensure smooth administration of assessments and collection of data across campuses in New York, New Jersey, Washington, D.C., Baton Rouge, Las Vegas, and San Antonio. The Assessment Manager will participate in the design and creation of assessments, distribution of assessments, and collection and presentation of data once assessments are completed. The Assessment Manager will also work with external vendors to design and create relevant assessments.
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field. Advanced degree in education preferred.
- Someone with direct classroom or instructional leadership experience (preferred).
- Superior attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
What does the Assessment Manager do?
- Work with the Data and Operations teams to manage Democracy Prep’s digital assessment program.
- Work with the Director of K-12 Curriculum to create assessments and to assess quality of internal assessments.
- Work with Curriculum Specialists to create assessments and to ensure alignment between assessments across campuses and regions.
- Work with regional stakeholders to align internal assessments to state exams, including PARCC and SBAC, in both content and format.
- Organize and support in collaborative grading processes for teachers.
- Manage communication around DP’s assessment program.
- Work with the Data Team to compile and present assessment data in a variety of forms.
- Report on data and trends to the Director of K-12 Curriculum and Superintendent.
Salary range is commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Meet Some of Democracy Prep Public Schools's Employees
Amanda manages all of the back-of-house operations that are needed to run Harlem Prep Elementary School, one of Democracy Prep’s K-5 schools, every day.
Back to top