User Experience Designer \u2013 Automated Guided Vehicles
- Zwijndrecht, Belgium
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 8,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
KION Mobile Automation develops mobile robots, robotic fleet controllers and cloud-based fleet management systems for industrial logistics applications. We are a fast growing team with locations in the USA, China, Australia, Belgium and Germany.
As part of the international KION Group and company culture you will work in an open, transparent and agile environment and you will be a valuable member of an effective, globally successful organization. You will get to work with the products and solutions through the entire lifecycle from development to installation and service.
In the Software Development R&D we have centralized our user-interface and user-experience research in the Onyx team that is responsible for ensuring a consistent user-experience across our applications in collaboration with our development teams. You will be working in an international environment collaborating with agile development teams based in 6 locations globally. We are supporting our teams with a SAFe scaled-agile support structure following modern development principles, design patterns and technologies.
To further strengthen the department, we are looking for you as "User Experience Designer - Automated Guided Vehicles (m / f / x)" at location Zwijndrecht (Antwerp) to turn our Automatic Guided vehicle software into easy-to-use products for our clients as soon as possible.
- You will form a key part of this team focusing on improving the usability of the products through research with our customers and stakeholders
- You will be working in an international environment collaborating with agile development teams based in 6 locations globally
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product owners, managers and the product requirements team
- Interviewing end-users to capture and document their way of working, their behaviors and motivations
- Validate interaction designs together with product owners and end-users
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps that can be used as input for the UI Designer
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the software functions and looks like
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Use user feedback and application usage data to improve the user experience of the applications
What We Are Looking For
- Proven work experience of minimal 3 years as a UX Designer or similar role
- Experience of UX research in an industrial environment is an asset
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Rapidly sketch ideas
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders and good time-management skills
- Strong ambassador for decisions that have been taken
- Educated on Bachelor or Master level in UX Design, Computer Science, Multi-Media or relevant field or equivalent through experience
- Strong communications skills in English, both written and spoken. Dutch language skills are an asset
- A good sense of humor and an ability to have fun!
What We Offer?We are the largest provider on the market and want to further expand leadership position in the field of mobile automation. We have the speed and short decision-making paths of a start-up, but the financial security and the standing of a large corporation. We have top technologies, have a global sales and network and work for the big global e-commerce customers who are looking for global solutions. Our development and processes are very fast (f.e. SW-update every 3 months) and our R&D developers always look after a product holistically from start to finish and do not just manufacture a single component - they accompany the entire product from A-Z.Would you like to go your way in a unique, technology-savvy organization and make a significant contribution to further expansion?We should get to know each other!
Back to top