Technical Writer Project & Product Documentation Mobile Automation
- Zwijndrecht, Belgium
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The department Global Service Repair & Maintenance is responsible for the After Sales & Service in the field of mobile automation. This includes a technical service that ensures a helping hand for customers that are in need for troubleshooting, a spare parts unit that provides the right devices for the AGVs in case of damage, as well as a service training & documentation management that provides all manuals for every Operating Unit. The department is working closely with the location in Germany and North America, so an international exchange is given. The working environment is open, honest and agile. This department offers many opportunities to leave own footprints and to strengthen the overall service organisation across Europe. Flexible and agile characters may change and develop the automation business to its best!
To further strengthen the department, we are looking for you as "Technical Writer Project & Product Documentation (m/f/x)" at location in Zwijndrecht (Antwerp) as soon as possible.
- Provide project-specific as well as standard technical documentation for the hardware and/or software of automated vehicles from the KION portfolio.
- Create target-group tailored technical documents (e.g. end user manuals, service manuals, troubleshooting guidelines) to understand the elements and function for hardware and ensure complete, up-to-date and correct information.
- Provide text-based information for a WIKI-based information library.
- Collaborate with the relevant, internal stakeholders (esp. R&D department, project management) to collect technical information and relevant materials (e.g. drawings) to create and format documentation content.
- Work in line with documentation processes and appropriate tools to create, maintain and format the content for the end-user.
- Coordinate the translations of documents (as per project scope) within the KION translation process.
- Responsibility to provide complete and accurate documentation in line with safety and legal requirements, as well as format accuracy (including orthography and grammar).
- You continously remain up-to-date of new trends and developments in your field of knowledge and share your knowledge and experience within the organisation.
- You contribute to the standardisation of documentation within the Kion group (content, process implementation & feedback, tools...).
- Execute project work within allocated timeframes and within scope.
What We Are Looking For
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- You have a very good level in English (CEFR B2 at minimum). Additional languages are a plus.
- You have a first industry experience (ideally in a similar role or a training role).
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- You have a proactive attitude, are communicative (i.e. good listener) and customer-oriented.
- Rapid self-starting capability, self-managed and experience in team working.
- You have a solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- You are able to travel throughout Europe, 10% of the time.
- Familiarity with SETIX, Confluece, Jira, SharePoint, AdobeSuite are a plus.
What We Offer?We are the largest provider on the market and want to further expand leadership position in the field of mobile automation. We have the speed and short decision-making paths of a start-up, but the financial security and the standing of a large corporation. We have top technologies, have a global sales and network and work for the big global e-commerce customers who are looking for global solutions. Our development and processes are very fast (f.e. SW-update every 3 months) and our R&D developers always look after a product holistically from start to finish and do not just manufacture a single component - they accompany the entire product from A-Z.Would you like to go your way in a unique, technology-savvy organization and make a significant contribution to further expansion?We should get to know each other!
Back to top