Supply Chain Business Systems Consultant
- Wauwatosa, WI
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic is looking for a Sr. Software Business Analyst to join our growing Engineering team. You will lead customer workshops to define business requirements and write software functional specifications that will guide engineering teams in successful and cost-effective implementation. You will also be a key member of the project execution team and an advocate for customer requirements. You will support regional sales and solution design teams on customer proposals and software estimation efforts.
You must have a passion for harnessing innovation through software engineering to deliver real-world results for customers.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Engage directly with customers and customer-facing teams to analyze business processes and determine software requirements.
- Lead or support planning and requirements gathering for multiple complex software projects.
- Participate in customer and team workshops to define detailed requirements.
- Author software functional specifications that meet customer requirements that leverages standard functionality of the software product.
- Provide information and support to help sales team through pre-contract phase.
- Advocate for use of Dematic standard software solutions and best practices to meet customer requirements.
- Support software projects through lifecycle from proposal stage through to start of design.
- Build strong partnerships to align activities, resolve conflicts, and achieve project and business goals.
- Work with product managers to identify and prioritize software product improvements.
- Take initiative to follow up on outstanding requests and meet committed deadlines.
- Remove impediments to help team achieve goals with increasing velocity
- Communicate honestly with stakeholders to facilitate discussion and decision-making.
What we are looking for:
Strengths You'll Possess
Solutions Focused: Considers the big picture, thinks logically and solves problems successfully, applies experience well, applies disciplined thinking skills, thinks beyond and end-to-end to generate practicable and creative solutions
Results Oriented: You are dedicated to consistently delivering and implementing results on time. You take direction well, works independently but seeks mentorship when needed. You organize and prioritize work in an efficient way and works towards targets persistently and consistently.
Communication & Partnership: You have good verbal and written communication skills. You build partnerships and lift alliances by sharing information and knowledge, collaborates well with fellow team members, resolves conflicts constructively.
Take Responsibility: You will take responsibility and ownership of your actions, make clear and logical decisions and be a role model with a winning attitude. You cultivate a positive culture, are performance orientated and encourage others to strive for high performance
Adopt Change: You will apply a process to deal with uncertainty and changing situations, continuously learns and improves.
Understand business & customers: You will analyze and understand our business strategy and can visualize the overall business perspective. You focus on the customer and how to tailor our solutions to meet their needs.
What We Are Looking For
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Deep understanding of fulfillment operations and WMS/WCS software capabilities
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects at a time with significant technical complexity
- Business analysis experience to elicit, clearly document, and prioritize customer requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation, leading presentations and authoring design documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Proven success acting as a change agent to lead and support organizational changes
- Thorough understanding of project implementation including commissioning, go-live and support
- Exceptional ability to work with cross-functional teams to build partnerships and get things done
- Ability to think strategically to execute both short- and long-term technology planning
- Experience using tools such as Jira and Confluence (or equivalents)
- Software engineering experience is an asset
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Disciplines
- Willingness to travel 20%
Back to top