Sub Assembly Technician
- Holland, MI
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
- Utilize detailed assembly drawings/instructions, bill of materials and electrical harness/panel wiring schematics to prepare and complete tasks during all vehicle build related subassembly processes.
- Utilize various hand tools, machines and manual labor to complete the vehicle build subassembly process.
- Complete subassembly vehicle build electrical harness wiring/panel assemblies in a timely manner to meet/exceed manufacturing/project management schedules.
- Update engineering drawings/work instructions and electrical harness/panel wiring schematics throughout the vehicle build subassembly process when necessary.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations including, but not limited to, company policies and OSHA requirements.
- This position may include any other duties assigned by the company.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move more than 10 pounds.
- Ability to work and perform in a warehouse/industrial setting that can be physically demanding.
- Standing, bending, and lifting to complete work during the vehicle build final assembly process.
- Knowledge of electrical harness/panel wiring for manufacturing machines and machine safety.
- Ability to utilize basic math and various measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, calipers).
- Experience utilizing various types of manual, power and air tools (i.e. drill, wire crimping/stripping machines, rivet gun, soldering iron).
- Detail orientated, focused, fast-paced and the ability to multi-task various projects/processes.
- Comfortable working in a team environment on a daily basis.
- Experience with utilizing computers/software (i.e. Microsoft Office - Word/Excel) for production work order tracking purposes.
- Ability to utilize a fork truck (or willing to obtain license) for the purpose of maneuvering various materials and subassemblies.
Minimal to none.
What We Are Looking For
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certification from a qualified trade school in a related field, or some college is a plus.
- Previous electrical harness/component, panel wiring assembly experience in a fast-paced industrial/automation team environment.
Back to top