Sr. Category Lead NA- Installation
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
North America (NA) Sr. Category Lead NA - Installation
Dematic is seeking a Sr. Category Lead to join our Procurement team reporting to the Senior Director Global Procurement - Installation, Transporation and Project Engineering. This person will be responsible for driving transformation in a high growth/high intensity work environment for the NA spend types of Installation exceeding $300M in volume. These services are rendered via agencies, unions, engineering firms and individual contractors. This critical role supports our internal functional customers primarily within Installation.
The primary functions of the Sr. Category Lead will be:
- Develops and drives the execution of category strategy for Installation for total best value, world class execution with compliance, safety and quality as business imperatives.
- Anticipates the needs of the supporting functions primarily Installation to meet/exceed these expectations in a compliant manner.
- Build a 3-year strategy for the Installation commodity and support the rapid growth.
- Rapid fast development of Installation third party supply base (complementary to Dematic internal resources) that is competitive and compliant in the material handling and controls space. All suppliers (existing and new) require proper vetting and due diligence.
- Develop and ensure tracking of meaningful performance key performance indicators (KPI) for categories
- Cultivate and develop relationships with internal stakeholders as a trusted business partner.
- Collaborates with Category Leads of other regions for a "One-Dematic" look and feel with business-mandated exceptions only
- Lead a team of 2-3 people as volume grows.
- Procurement Services which includes electrical, mechanical, software contractors and pre-commissioning as well as Installation labor
- Participate in functional meetings as a business partner to provide support at the onset of initiatives
- Negotiates prices, terms, prepares requests for quotes and drives the development of new supply sources; evaluates market conditions
- Performs value analysis to identify and implement cost improvements
- Support budget adherence within the functions
- Understands the capacity of suppliers and availability for services
- Working cross functionally on the development of contractual agreements
- Identify and drive total cost of ownership cost reduction initiatives
- Forecast and record savings achieved
- Secures documentation required by the procurement process
What We Are Looking For
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, ideally in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or Business;
- CPSM, PMP, Lean Six Sigma or other relevant certification is preferred
- Preferred 10 years of experience at a minimum in relevant Procurement activities. Working in a project environment is preferred
- Strong knowledge supplier networking and partnership development
- Knowledge and strong utilization of Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with peers and upper management
- Must be willing to travel to suppliers and/or other Dematic locations as needed up to 25%.
- Demonstrated values of collaboration, integrity, courage and excellence is required.
- Effective communication in English (verbal and writing)
Back to top