- Norcross, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic Corp. is looking for a Solution Consultant in any of our Dematic locations across North America. The successful candidate will have 8 or more years' experience working in supply chain, material handling, or an optimization related field. In this role, the Solution Consultant will:
Essential Role and Responsibilities
The Solution Consultant will engage with Dematic customers to analyze their business needs into innovative solutions.
- Works on multiple projects, some with assistance from others but often conduct small to mid-sized projects without assistance.
- Performs analysis of customers' business information and develops solutions to meet or exceed customers' requirements.
- Conducts or oversees the development of proposal documents.
- Estimates time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully develop very complex solutions; develops project plans incorporating all project variables.
- Conducts periodic status checks with customer and team to assess progress against plan.
- Prepares weekly status reports on all project activities.
- May support pre-sales activities as needed.
- Collects data that accurately represents customer requirements (design criteria, flow charts, etc.).
- Accurately, clearly and concisely displays design requirements.
- Determines methodology for collecting, analyzing and summarizing data critical to design.
- Uses written descriptions, spreadsheets, charts, and material flow diagrams skillfully.
- Stay abreast of current / future operating strategies and technologies by attending industry conferences, seminars, etc.
- Thorough understanding of material handling technology, including software.
- Develops a wide range of concepts that meet or exceed the design criteria. Concepts may range from manual to fully automated solutions.
- To facilitate concept understanding, uses drawings and sketches skillfully.
- Evaluates concepts and recommends the best solution. Skilled in using evaluation techniques ranging from simple "pro and con" comparisons to sophisticated Return on Investment (ROI) calculations.
- Produces a Design Report that professionally summarizes the project.
- Thoroughly understands the practices, methodologies and requirements of the Supply Chain Solution Department and serves as advisor to all group members.
- May be exposed to next level of duties and responsibilities (mentoring and training).
What We Are Looking For
- Typically BS/BA in related technical degree
- Typically 8-10 years of successful experience working in supply chain, material handling, distribution center operations or an optimization related field and has successfully demonstrated the key responsibilities as presented above.
- Strong innovative and creative thinking, as evidenced in individual work
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and work in a high-growth, fast-paced and deadline driven environment successfully.
Back to top