Software Test Engineer
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic has a growing software community building new and innovative solutions for our customers.
As a tester for logistics software, you play an important role in quality assurance for the Dematic projects. The application is based on current Java technology. In the frontend, web clients developed with GWT are used.
- Maintaining close contact with the development team to take over the software under test
- Analyzing the requirements and translating them into detailed test plans
- Execution of test cases to validate Dematic iQ Optimize software and system functionality
- Qualification of correct or incorrect software and system behaviour
- Reporting of test results into issue tracking platforms (e.g. JIRA, TestRail)
- Analysis of failed test results and clear reporting to development team
- Setup test data within Dematic iQ Optimize for specific test cases
- Utilise test automation methods (Junit, Mockito)
- Advise project management and technical engineers of progress of assigned tasks, issues and software updates
What We Are Looking For
To be successful in this role you will have passion for delivering quality product, great attention to detail, willingness to learn.
- Background or experience in Software Testing and Test Automation
- Desirable: Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of Junit, Mockito
- Knowledge of test management systems: TestRail
- Desirable: able to understand SAP-ABAP or Java, C# or C++ code.
- Desirable: ISTQB certification
Above all you will be an enthusiastic software test engineer keen to develop your career within a mature engineering organisation where software plays an important role.
Back to top