Software System Integration Engineer
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team in our beautiful office in Atlanta, GA.
You'll work with a great team to enhance our Dematic Pouch System and ensure the quality of the DPS projects.
Not only will you have the opportunity to perform the office QA process, but you will also get the chance to see the actual product working during the onsite phase in the:
- Sub-system test phase
- system integration phase
- System throughput phase,
- Factory and Final acceptance phase.
Through the office and on-site project development phases you will get to combine the theoretical part of the QA process with the practical one.
- Interface with other members of the team including software development, mechanical/electrical, project management.
- Understand and translate business and technical requirements into automated and/or manual tests.
- Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved using JIRA.
- Document and plan the sub-system test, system integration test, factory acceptance test, system throughput tests.
- Create and execute test scenarios, updating existing test suites with the release of new features or changes to existing behavior.
- Use strong analytical skills to solve complex problems in a timely manner while adapting to changing priorities in office and on site.
- Ability to work within a Scrum team to ensure commitments are met and process is followed.
- Mitigate risk of project delivery by communicating issues and concerns with leads.
- Be an active contributor the Quality Assurance process inside the Overhead System team.
What We Are Looking For
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or related is preferred or equivalent work experience .
- Experience & Knowledge Requirements
- At least 5+ years of Software Test experience
- Administrative know how of MS SQL DB, PostgreSQL or Oracle DB
- Automation Software Test experience is a plus.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail and ability to understand the why behind the behavior of the system.
- Experience with Web Services and APIs
- Experience in writing manual and automated tests for Quality Assurance is a plus
- Experience working TestRails for defect and test case management is a plus but not required
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) is a plus but not required
- Knowledge and experience in working with Agile development methodology is preferred
- Knowledge of Intralogistics / Material Handling Products is a plus.
- A good sense of humor and an ability to have fun!
Back to top