Software Engineering Manager - DIQ
- Grand Rapids, MI
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for spearheading a team which will develop software solutions for the implementation of our innovative technologies into products for our customers. You will be required to actively participate in the direction of the software design while also tasking team members with projects and managing their efforts.
- You will manage a small team of Software Development Engineers in the development customizations of the Dematic base software product that incorporate both hardware and software elements.
- You will analyze and determine the most efficient and cost-effective methods to implement the required software solutions and carry out such methods with team members to complete projects within the shortest amount of time possible to reduce time to market.
- Analyze and coordinates levels of effort needed to complete complex software projects and make scheduling and staffing recommendations to meet established deadlines.
- Ensure software code is properly developed, tested, archived, and delivered/deployed.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in open-source software projects.
- Ambitious in thinking, outlook, and problem solving
- Strong work ethic and knack to multi-task on a sustained basis
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve challenging technical issues independently and quickly
- Establishes, leads, and develops resource staffing plans to support the execution of projects. Ability of working in a multi-functional organization.
- Experienced in managing software development projects using modern Application Lifecycle Management methodologies such as Agile
- Familiar with software version control systems, especially GIT (local & cloud)
- Excellent communication skills in English, including both writing and speaking
- Current experience in Java and/or C#
- Experienced in SQL or other database programs
- Familiar with web based applications
- General knowledge and understanding with JIRA
- Master's Degree
- Supply Chain industry experience
Deliver solutions: Considers the big picture, thinks logically and solves problems successfully, applies experience well, applies disciplined thinking skills, thinks beyond and end-to-end to generate practicable and creative solutions
Get results: Continually work to identify and implement process improvements for the team and department.
Communication & Partnership: You will need good verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and lifts alliances by sharing information and knowledge.
Take responsibility: You will take responsibility and ownership, make clear and consequent decisions and is a role model with a winning attitude, cultivates a positive culture, performance orientation, inspires others to strive for high performance
Adopt change: You will apply a process to deal with uncertainty and changing situations, continuously learns and improves.
Understand business & customers: You will analyze and understand our business and strategy, focuses on customer needs, takes an overall business perspective
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top