Software Engineering Manager - Customer Service
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic Corp. has an immediate need for a Manager in Customer Service for Software Remote Support. Here is your opportunity to expand your understanding of Logistics Automation, by applying your knowledge and professional dedication, to help maintenance professionals achieve optimum performance from their systems. We need intelligent, skilled, and motivated individuals who enjoy sharing their technical knowledge to solve complex automation issues. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills with a proven history of problem resolution, as they will be responsible for the remote resolution of automation issues at customer locations. Candidates must have the qualification below:
Strengths and Responsibilities Needed:
- Management of the Remote Technical Support Software Engineering Group in Customer Service, including task management, assignment, and resource planning
- Lead efforts in developing Departmental Goals, Procedures, Processes, and Implementation plans. Track progress on goals
- Conduct employee performance evaluations, including goal-setting, training and development opportunities
- Ensure implementation of lessons learned in projects, as well as those lessons learned in resolving post-project quality issues
- Identify and implement process improvements to better serve customers (internal and external) and to improve CSAT, CX, and NPS scores
- Expertise in supporting production systems and Software Applications
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement and Continuous Deployment technologies (8D, 5 Why's, Fishbone, etc..)
- Creates Corrective Action Requests
- Provide support for Field Service, Resident Maintenance, Sales, Application Engineering, Concepting, Estimating, Etc
- Develop customer action item list when necessary and owns them until completion
- Takes ownership and ensures that all required personnel are engaged until completion/resolution.
- Escalations as appropriate to the next level of engineering and/or management support
- Creates case incidents in the appropriate internal database to track issues
- Manage staff schedules
- Ability to be on-call
- Travel to Customer sites when required (20%)
What We Are Looking For
- Deliver solutions: Considers the big picture, thinks logically and solves problems successfully, applies experience well, applies disciplined thinking skills, thinks beyond and end-to-end to generate practicable and creative solutions
- Get results: Continually work to identify and implement process improvements for the team and department.
- Communication & Partnership: You will need good verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and lifts alliances by sharing information and knowledge.
- Take responsibility: You will take responsibility and ownership, make clear and consequent decisions and is a role model with a winning attitude, cultivates a positive culture, performance orientation, inspires others to strive for high performance
- Adopt change: You will apply a process to deal with uncertainty and changing situations, continuously learns and improves.
- Understand business & customers: You will analyze and understand our business and strategy, focuses on customer needs, takes an overall business perspective
- Minimum 4 year degree in Software Engineering or Business Management or related fields preferred
- Minimum 5 years Engineering and Support Experience
- Knowledge of Material Handling Equipment
- Experience with SQL, Oracle, QNX, and other platforms and software are a necessity
- Experience with network communications platforms. Experience with light curtains, scanners, and sensors
- Willingness to work weekends, on-call, and overtime is to be expected
- Minimum of 3-5 years of successful experience in related field
- Must have the ability to evaluate and analyze system performance data, perform root cause analysis, 4 Step Problem Solving, LEAN concepts, and facilitate resolution to design & performance issues
- Have a demonstrated ability to create reports and communication materials to track & report performance issues of material handling equipment
- Must have experience with MS office products and remote connection tool
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment where priorities are shifting frequently
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Quality-oriented and customer-focused
- Strong work ethic and knack to multi-task on a sustained basis
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve challenging technical issues independently and quickly
- Establishes, leads, and develops resource staffing plans to support the execution of projects.
- Ability of working in a multi-functional organization.
Back to top