Software Engineer - using Unity 3D Game Engine
- Kaunas, Lithuania
We are Dematic, the World's 3rd largest materials handling systems supplier. We have been delivering and developing our technology for 200 years. It's our people and our technology that have helped to transform this industry, and we are continuing to grow faster than ever. New technology is shifting the way our customers think about automation and intralogistics. The 4th industrial revolution is upon us, and we are now seeing the introduction of new technology like robotics, new software and analytics to help drive efficiency.
At Dematic, we deliver solutions to our customers that help optimise their supply chain, improve performance and optimise productivity. Every day our automated and software technology solutions help to deliver 18.5 billion parcels worldwide every day. Warehouses and distributions centres are at the heart of the supply chain, which is our space. Our role is to find the most efficient way of getting goods from the start of their journey through to their exit and shipping off to consumers meeting their expectations and demands in a fast moving world.
Dematic has a growing software community building new and innovative solutions for our customers. This role is an opportunity to join a global software team who are leveraging the power of Unity 3D to improve the overall quality of Dematic's software portfolio. You will be working with colleagues all over the world by delivering virtual automated warehouse solutions to our internal customers and working with the global development teams to improve and enhance our software platforms, and providing a high quality service and delivering projects/tasks on time and to budget.
The role will include:
- Utilising Unity 3D and Dematic's own extended Unity platform to develop virtual automated material handling systems for use in testing Dematic Warehouse Management and Control Systems
- Designing and building standard and project specific functionality and components within Unity 3D for inclusion within customer projects
- Rigorously testing developed projects before delivery to customers
- Supporting delivered projects throughout project software testing lifecycle
- Development of project specifications
- Designing software using best practice and innovative, modern software techniques
- Using Lean and value engineering approach to ensure cost efficient solutions are designed that achieve company goals for profit, service and support.
What We Are Looking For
In this role you will work with colleagues globally. Excellent communication skills are a prerequisite to maintain good relationships with all internal and external customers.
To be considered for this role, you should possess:
- Knowledge of Unity 3D Game Engine
- Object Orientated Programming Skills
Knowledge of the following is beneficial:
- Unity 3D Game Engine
- Warehouse Automated Material Flow
- Software Version Control: GIT / Subversion
- Task/Issue Tracking: Jira / Kanban
- Software methodologies: Agile / Scrum
- Virtualisation (VMWare etc.)
Back to top