Software Development Intern
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Do you want to be a part of a collaborative SCRUM team within our Software Development group, creating the best-in-class global software platform that Dematic implements and supports across the globe?
We are seeking a software development intern.
You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and have the opportunity to debug and resolve existing issues as well as work on new features that will be part of our release commitments.
You must have a passion for learning, taking on new challenges, and working in a team to build great software.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Test developed software.
- Work in a scrum development team environment to develop software
- Translate requirements into specific software development tasks
- Participate in design reviews, and generate requirements documentation
- Work with cross-functional teams to release software products
- Proactively take on new and different tasks while also looking for ways to improve our systems
- Learn and apply new tools, technologies, and industry best practices
What We Are Looking For
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS Students engaged in Engineering or Computer Science fields of study.
- Exposure to Python, and Angular is a plus
- Ability to write and tune SQL queries is an asset
- A good foundation in algorithms, design patterns, and data structures
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum software development
- Knowledge of software/hardware setup and configuration (IntelliJ, PyCharm, SQL Management Studio, Git)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to work with cross-functional teams to get things done
- A good sense of humor and an ability to have fun
Back to top