Software Developer - DIQ
- Stockton, CA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic is seeking a Software Developer to join our growing Software Execution team to develop, and support critical applications that run our customer's business. You will use your skill to develop, deploy, and maintain high availability applications in a dynamic team environment. You will utilize multiple object-oriented languages and operating systems to craft software using industry standard methodologies, tools and development methods. You will also provide support and technical advice during conceptualization, development, and implementation phases to transform requirements to working solutions.
- You will design and develop web-based applications utilizing Java EE for projects.
- Provide technical support to customers on-site and train customers and key-users on installed applications.
- Maintain good relationships with all internal and external customers, through provision of a high-quality service.
- Operate in an Agile development environment while collaborating with key partners.
- Attend site meetings during software commissioning phases to ensure that integration testing and site acceptance testing is completed as required.
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity.
- Ability to analyze and tackle complex problems.
- You will be required to travel 20%-30% of the time.
What We Are Looking For
Strengths You Possess
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- 5+ years in software development and/or programming
- Enthusiasm for software development and innovation
- Understanding of Relational Databases
- Knowledge or experience with concurrency and/or scalability
- Advanced experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong work ethic and knack to multi-task on a sustained basis.
- Excellent communication skills in English, including both written and speaking.
- Use of continuous development, integration and delivery tools (JIRA, Selenium, GitHub)
- Knowledge of application servers (e.g., Wildfly) and relational databases (Oracle, MSSQL)
- Experience with Servlets, JSPs, EJB, GWT, Web Services
- Understanding of TCP/IP Socket Communication, RESTful services and working in a large, enterprise environment
Back to top