Software Developer - Cloud Analytics
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team in our beautiful office in Atlanta, GA. You'll work with a great team to enhance our Digital software that hundreds of customers around the world use to manage building equipment, staff, renewable energy infrastructure and industrial machines used for material handling and manufacturing. You will work on major new software modules and features, quality improvements and performance optimizations, and integrations with live machine data through our big data pipeline.
· Contribute to software design and architecture, including design reviews
· Develop high-quality code along with automated unit tests for cloud-based and self-hosted SaaS products
· Contribute to integration, system, and performance testing, including test tools
· Take ownership as a highly motivated member of a scrum team
· Assist with troubleshooting customer problems and finding solutions in a timely fashion
· Write test cases within an automated test framework for development projects
· Work within a Scrum environment to plan and deliver incremental software in defined sprints
· Build strong partnerships with UX designers, Software Developers, and Product Managers
· Work onsite with the development team in Atlanta, GA
What We Are Looking For
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar engineering degree.
Experience & Knowledge Requirements:
· 2-5 years of experience in software development, Java in particular
· Experience with web frameworks like (Vue.js, React.js, Angular)
· Experience with web services like (SOAP, WCF, REST, GraphQL)
· Experience with Python is a plus
· Development experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
· Analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
· An understanding of agile software development and testing principles and practices
· Exceptional communication skills
· Experience with Kafka and Kafka Connectors would be an asset
· Experience with containers, especially Kubernetes, would be an asset
· Experience with big data technologies would be an asset
· Experience with cloud-based services would be an asset, but not required. Automation and continuous deployment experience would also be a benefit.
· A good sense of humor and an ability to have fun!
Back to top