Site Safety Coordinator
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic Corp. has an immediate need for a Site Safety Coordinator position. This position is 100% travel.
Job Family Responsibilities:
- Advises and assists site supervisors on EHS matters, including fact/data gathering, problem identification/resolution and offering objective assistance and guidance on EHS matters.
- Functions as an employee advocate/management partner by establishing and maintaining clear lines of communication with internal customers, maintaining awareness of employee EHS needs/issues and addressing these with the appropriate management.
- Designs and implements major EHS initiatives as assigned.
- Administrative responsibilities: records/file maintenance; reports development.
- Area of responsibility is primarily tactical/operational in nature, with limited strategic impact.
- Typical responsibility for innovation is to continuously enhance or improve existing policies, products, and methods.
- Identifies resource needs and develops justification.
- Troubleshoots and resolves EHS issues at installation sites.
- Conducts EHS audits for installation sites and reports issues using a Dematic standard format.
- Communication with installation site management/supervision on EHS issues daily.
- Key areas of responsibility:
- Set up and maintain a current bulletin and posting (Federal, State, Local) display.
- Perform crew safety talks.
- Administer safety training (new and refresher).
- Administer equipment training and issue operator permits to those who are competent.
- Daily instructions and reminders of PPE and Safety policies to the crew
- Maintain all OSHA/Dematic compliance forms (OSHA 300, Daily walk thru, First aid Logs, Triple I forms, weekly safety meetings, First aid inspections, Fire extinguisher inspections, harness/lanyard and ladder inspections, maintain first aid cabinets and fire extinguishers, etc)
- Perform daily walk thru (Multiple times a day).
- Safety briefings as needed on the project (per Project, Dematic, customer).
- Be on site as crews work schedule demands (this includes all subs as well as split schedules, may result in 12-14 hour days).
- Administer first aid as needed or seek medical assistance for all injuries
- Carry current OSHA 30 and first aid training.
- Send in all monthly paperwork, input all forms into the project file in PMC (Dematic employees only).
What We Are Looking For
High school diploma
OSHA 30 Hour in construction
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and basic knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
- Performs routine work within technical or paraprofessional area. Identifies problems as they occur and suggests appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex.
- Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from others. OSHA 30 Hour training as a minimum.
Direction of Others:
This role does not give direct management of others. Consultation and communication with all levels at an installation job site required.
Key Working Relationships:
Frequent inter-organizational and external contacts.
Back to top