We are Dematic, one of the world's largest materials handling systems supplier. We have been delivering and developing our technology for 200 years. It's our people and our technology that have helped to transform this industry, and we are continuing to grow faster than ever. New technology is shifting the way our customers think about automation and intralogistics. The 4th industrial revolution is upon us, and we are now seeing the introduction of new technology like robotics, new software and analytics to help drive efficiency.
At Dematic, we deliver solutions to our customers that help optimise their supply chain, improve performance and optimise productivity. Every day our automated and software technology solutions help to deliver 18.5 billion parcels worldwide every day. Warehouses and distributions centres are at the heart of the supply chain, which is our space. Our role is to find the most efficient way of getting goods from the start of their journey through to their exit and shipping off to consumers meeting their expectations and demands in a fast moving world.
This role is an exciting opportunity for you to join the team at Dematic helping to define and shape the future of materials handling solutions covering the UK region.
The purpose of this role is to analyse customer data. The modelling, configuration and testing of the material handling solution simulation, (as directed by the Head of Software Solutions and Simulation), to an agreed specification and time scale to the satisfaction of both internal and external customers. This role carries the authority to make simulation and data analysis decisions on a project, with the agreement of the Head of Software Solutions and Simulation. The principal duties will include:
- Analyse customer product and order profile data
- Re-work customer data in line with the needs of the proposed material handling solution
- Present data analysis output as directed by the Simulation Section Leader and project sales team
- Build an accurate system model of the project sales material handling solution and update / generate optional designs as directed
- Update / refine the system model in line with proposed and final design details
- Use standard mechanical / controls models in the creation of the system model and accurate control and WCS algorithms and strategies within the model as designed by the project sales and engineering teams
- Run set piece scenarios to prove system performance and present as necessary both internally and externally
- Run simulations of all major acceptance test scenarios and produce project specific simulation reports on each project
- Liaise with various internal and external teams during project development and order implementation phases
- Maintain and use wherever possible, standard simulation model elements for the execution of orders (pallet conveyor / case conveyor / sorters / ASRS / Dematic MultiShuttle / Overhead Systems etc)
- Where necessary to develop special and new simulation model elements to suit specific projects and new markets
What We Are Looking For
To apply for this role, you must evidence:
Minimum - Degree/HND, or equivalent qualification in Maths, Science or Engineering discipline
Preferred - Experience developing automation models in AutoMod (Applied Materials)
Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, VBA, Microsoft Word / PowerPoint
Experience developing with other programming languages including Python is beneficial
Back to top