Shift Supervisor 1 - HKL (IL)
- Peoria, IL
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Oversee departments on a daily basis. Communicate with employees on daily job responsibilities.
What We Are Looking For
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise work activities of hourly employees in specific work areas on a specific shift.
- Assist in creating new processes for better quality for the customer.
- Maintain records relating to area assigned.
- Evaluate KPI stats for area(s) and drive improvements.
- Manage the segregation and proper movement of material in areas of responsibility.
- Ensure safety policies are being followed.
- Communicate with the customer on an as needed basis.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- 3 years factory experience preferred
- 3 years manufacturing experience preferred
- Communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer skills a plus
- Manage personnel in an effective and cost efficient manner
- Understand and enforce company policy and safety standards
- Ability to interact with upper management, subordinates, peers, and the customer
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of product and services
- Forklift experience preferred, but not required
Back to top