Senior Manager, Vertical Market Development
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Position Summary: The Senior Manager Vertical Market Development supports the growth and development of Dematic's market position across all of its target vertical markets. The role partners closely with the Market Development Directors (MDD) to support their mission of increasing sales opportunities for their assigned vertical markets.
Key Responsibilities (Problem Solving, Critical Thinking):
- Leads special projects for the vertical market leader and/or Market Development Directors
- Presents vertical market insights and recommendations to senior leadership, leveraging influencing skills to push the organization towards growth
- Supports the strategy process for the business, identifying needs, collecting internal and external data, performing strategic analyses, identifying opportunities and developing implementation plans.
- Maintains the vertical market insights portal and driving internal vertical communications channels and messaging
- Aligns vertical-based activies across solution development, marketing, communications, business development and sales teams.
- Serves as the direct liaison with Strategic Insights team, operating as the main point of contact to compile requests, analyze vertical outputs, and summarize vertical market findings related to insights
- Develops vertical-market based tools & dashboards
- Benchmarks competitor solution sets and industry best practices to insure our product and solution management stays ahead of the market
- Supports the global MDDs through analyses, presentation development, etc.
What We Are Looking For
Education: Typically Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree.
Knowledge / Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in the material handling industry in a similar role
- Great customer rapport
- Strong speaker / presenter - confident in front of a large audience public speaking
- Demonstrated presentation skills, ability to build presentations effectively
- Business knowledge - P&L knowledge of logistics operations
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop recommendations based on big-data analytics
- Broad background and understanding of distribution center metrics used to measure performance
- Innovator / concepter
- Cross of practical and theoretical application knowledge
- Data conscience
- Customer contacts a plus
Back to top