Senior Controls Software Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
This role resides within Dematic's Global Software R&D organization. State of the art controls software is at the heart of our sophisticated material handling solutions. This is a key technical Controls R&D development role that will help accelerate the adoption of next generation technologies and improvements across our products. This is an exciting opportunity to join Dematic. If you are passionate about leading change and creating the future in a rapidly growing industry this role is for you!
In this role you will drive the implementation of proof of concepts for our system architecture, AI, and HMI initiatives, which will support various solutions, including micro-fulfillment centers, high density buffer storage, overhead systems, and high-speed sortation systems.
Specifically, the role requires the following:
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including hands-on design, implementation, documentation and validation. This applies to the core products as well as in house developed productivity tools.
- In collaboration with other engineers and specialists, develop and demonstrate proof of concepts that support new controls system designs.
- As part of the development team actively engage in design reviews and demonstrations to stake holders
- Ensure that quality is designed into the product from the very start of development.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or Engineering. preferred or equivalent qualification is expected.
- A proven track in solving difficult technical challenges
- 5+ years' experience in software development for complex real time and PLCs systems.
- Knowledge of Object Orientated Design Concepts
- Experience in systems based on IIoT.
- Experience in HMI interface design and implementation is a desirable.
- Working knowledge of processes and technologies involved in cyber security is a strong plus.
Back to top