Senior AI/ML Data Scientist
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
This role resides within Dematic's Global Products and Solutions organization and will develop Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning algorithms to optimize Dematic's supply chain customer solutions. The set of solutions include supply chain innovations such as robotic mixed case palletizing, micro-fulfillment centers, e-commerce order fulfillment engines, autonomous mobile robot solutions, high density buffer storage and overhead systems. This role will directly influence growth and profitability for Dematic. This is an exciting opportunity to join Dematic. If you are passionate about leading change and creating the future in a rapidly growing industry this role is for you!
What We Are Looking For
- Identify opportunities for applying AI/ML techniques to improve and optimize operational performance of Dematic solutions. Key customer operational measures to optimize include throughput, cycle time, productivity, utilization and operating costs.
- Define data strategies for algorithm development. Develop tools for efficiently collecting, cleansing and preparing data for analysis and algorithm development.
- Lead AI and ML projects and work with software development teams on implementation using agile methodologies with the goal of quick market introduction.
- Provide and maintain AI/ML technical expertise and mentor other engineers and scientists to help them acquire and grow AI/ML skills.
- Define processes and tools for the design and development of AI/ML-based solutions.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders in product management and R&D to ensure that Dematic customers realize the benefits of AI/ML technology.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Operations Research (OR), Industrial Engineering, Math, Statistics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation, other Engineering majors or equivalent fields. Master's or PhD preferred.
- 8+ years of OR, statistical or data mining algorithm development experience, including 5+ years of AI/ML development experience for real-world applications.
- 5+ years of hands on experience with tools such as R, Python, SQL, libraries such as scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MxNet, cloud-based ML platforms such as AWS SageMaker, Azure ML, or GCP ML.
- Experience in supply chain, manufacturing or industrial automation industries preferred.
Back to top