Senior AI Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Modern warehousing and logistics systems play an increasingly critical role in the competitiveness of businesses and the effectiveness of the world economy. Intralogistics solutions combine Mechatronics, Robotics, Perception, Control, Artificial Intelligence, and Operations Research foundations, algorithms, and technologies, to deliver mission-critical high-automation applications.
The Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence (CoE AI) combines advances in Analytics, Machine Learning, IoT, Perception, Computer Vision, Operations Research, and Cloud and Edge Computing domains to transform Dematic's solutions for supply chain and intralogistics ecosystems.
What We Are Looking For
We are seeking a team-oriented, self-starting, hands-on AI Technical Lead to support driving the charter of CoE AI. This key position works with internal teams and external customers to:
- Serve as subject matter expert in commercial AI and autonomy solutions delivery.
- Identify, define, and lead model-centric solutions architecture using agile methodologies.
- Apply AI principles and technologies to solve and/or improve planning, automation, search, classification, recommendation, prediction, and optimization problems arising from the need to streamline supply chain operations, sometimes involving synthesis of components in production.
- Develop model-based POCs leveraging advances in GPU, Sensor Fusion, Edge, and Cloud Computing technologies, for performance increase of high-automation intralogistics systems.
- Python, C++, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Ubuntu 18.04+, and NVIDIA technologies.
- MS in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or related field.
- Background in Deep and Reinforcement Learning, Perception, and Vision-based autonomy.
- Background in Multivariate Time Series Analysis and Predictive Maintenance.
- Proficiency in Python and C++, and widely used AI/ML SDKs.
- 8+ yrs developing AI/ML solutions under Agile methodologies and CI/CD.
- 6+ yrs practicing asset control and documentation-Git, Confluence.
- 6+ yrs delivering commercial CNNs, LSTMs, Autoencoders, GANs, XGBoost and other models.
- 4 yrs usage of CUDA and TensorFlow/PyTorch.
- Experience identifying and working with applicable key open-source SDKs, frameworks, and tools.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholder audiences of various seniority levels and backgrounds.
- Ability to accommodate some domestic and international travel.
Ways to Stand Out
- PhD in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in NVIDIA's ISAAC SDK and Unity3D.
- Proficiency in NVIDIA's TensorRT, DeepStream SDK, and related edge inference technologies.
- Natural inclination for and/or record of servant leadership and engineering best-practices- test-driven development, patterns, conventions, and delivery standards.
- An understanding of industry and technology trends in Supply Chain's Intralogistics.
- Familiar with NLP, Knowledge-Based AI, Interactive Learning, and Combinatorial Optimization.
Back to top