R&D Software Senior Director - Digital Platforms
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The Senior Director, Digital Platforms, is a critical leadership position within the Global R&D SW team that will focus on delivery of a portfolio of advanced technology projects and revenue generating digital products to our commercial partners and customers.
This position provides the opportunity to lead multiple teams that are engaged in developing cloud and enterprise products with areas of responsibility that spans:
- Leading several global software engineering teams to architect, build, operate, improve and support cloud based digital products.
- Working closely with product management, regional business leaders, solution development organization and commercialization teams to understand customer needs, define new digital products, plan delivery roadmap and execute implementation.
- Leading teams that are focused on innovation in the fields of cloud software development, IoT and digital twin, intelligent systems and autonomous intralogistics solutions.
- Fostering an environment of collaborative innovation with an eye towards creating products that provide competitive edge for our business and our customers.
- Recruiting and mentoring team members of exceptional technical skills in various fields including software development engineers (cloud and on-premises), designers, DevOps engineers, and automated testing professionals.
- Maintaining and improving agile development processes that are lean and focused on deliverables.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in an engineering field of study is required. Master's or PhD degree is preferred.
- A strong leader with a demonstrated track record of articulating and communicating a vision of technology impact on products and customer use cases in a pragmatic manner.
- Proven ability to foster new technology adoption/development, process improvement and new product development/execution/delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and engage a global team of highly professional and technical engineers to greater levels of collaboration, development and performance.
- Expertise in successfully completing projects managed in environments that require engaging a global organization.
- 10+ years of experience in an engineering leadership role, preferably for a global company.
- 15+ years of software development experience, with a strong focus on enterprise architecture and application delivery through leadership of multiple teams working collaboratively and simultaneously on one or more products.
- Expertise in operating in the cloud environment using native cloud application development, together with delivery and support discipline, including creation of SaaS offerings.
- Knowledge and demonstrated leadership in delivering cloud native applications that combine IoT, Analytics and big data applications using Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Familiar with techniques and approaches for designing new applications or transitioning legacy applications using API-first philosophy, software design patterns in general and for distributed and loosely coupled microservices/components in particular and containerization techniques (including knowledge of Kubernetes.)
- Working knowledge of technologies associated with autonomous systems, AI, decision sciences and emulation/simulation sciences.
- Demonstrated leadership in creating or operating team(s) with a strong culture of DevOps embodying continuous integration and continuous deployment/rollback best practices.
- Insights in and knowledge of combining on-premises and cloud-based applications in hybrid applications is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of relational, no-SQL, graph and key-value databases extending to the approaches for creating enterprise data catalog for operational and static system data storage.
- Working knowledge of time series data analysis, descriptive and predictive analytics, supervised/unsupervised/reinforcement learning a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of processes and technologies involved in cyber security is a strong plus.
Back to top