Quality Manager (Customer Service)
- Grand Rapids, MI
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic has an urgent need for a Quality Manager (Customer Service) to join our winning team in Grand Rapids, MI. Quality is at the core of what we do, and this role will have a direct impact on how our work reflects the highest level of quality for our customers. In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Successfully defines workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Develops and manages departmental budgets and/or business plans for a small to mid-size department or business unit.
- Innovating new solutions and continuous improvements to enhance existing policies, products, and methods.
- Identifies resource needs and develops justification.
- Troubleshoots and resolves very complex problems.
- Recommends/ determines organizational structures.
- Responsible for overall success of function or project.
- Tests and debugs electrical and mechanical errors during the test.
- Drives Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma where applicable.
- Manages customer projects and upgrades.
- Prepares reports that are reviewed at an executive level
- Effectively communicates/negotiates with customers
- Triages Customer complaints
- Manages the Global Customer Adjustment Alert Database
- Manages the Global financial project quality resolution accruals
- Tracks global Customer Service QA Metrics
- Writes and updates process documentation in conjunction with the Business Process Owner (BPO)/Sub Process Owner (SPO) process teams.
- Performs and guides others in deploying and improving processes, including consulting to process teams and to barrier removal teams.
- Develops very complex metric collection plans and executing those plans.
- Sets process metric goals in partnership with the project lead, business segment head, and QP Manager. Drives process measurement initiatives, including scorecards and other metrics, which can also be used to drive process improvements.
- Shares best practices across the project team and/or the business segment.
What We Are Looking For
- Typically Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and basic knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- Typically 5+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Knowledge & Background:
- Drive system
- BearingMachine/Equipment assembly
- PLC Control
- Material handling systems installation practice
- Mechanical and Electrical field installation standards; Structural steel, header steel, conveyors, racking, field wiring
- ISO 9001
- Intercultural effectiveness (working in intercultural environment)
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Result oriented
- Good Communication skills
- Quality Orientation.
- Problem solving skills
- Experience in MS Office, inclusive of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Back to top