Project Quality Engineer
- Banbury, United Kingdom
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The numbers size and complexity of the projects undertaken continues to grow, and therefore we are looking to add to quality team to support our installations with the new position of Project Quality Engineer. The role will take ownership for and drive Quality to the highest standard on our installations, looking at continuous improvement of our processes also.
- Monitor all quality related activities on the project
- Control and the distribution of all the companies quality documentation
- The preparation of the companies QA manual control and supervision of all amendments and revisions
- Verify contractor quality requirements are specified to vendors and contractor documentation submittals
- Attend client quality management meetings
- The preparation and control of project quality system management documentation prior to project commencement
- Coordinate all QA/QC activities with the Project team
- Coordinate all quality related correspondence with the customers representatives
- Action and close all customer complaints
- Control and archive documentation upon the completion of the project.
- Manage and create reports for issue management utilising the company issue management tool
- Work closely with Dematic CE Compliance managers.
- Carry out Route cause analysis for issue resolution.
- Carry out audits across multiple sites
- Ensure standardised documents are utilised on all projects.
- Develop Best practice documentation for the Installation of Dematic equipment.
What We Are Looking For
To be successful in this highly business crtitical role you will have a proven track record within quality as it relates to installations with a passion for quality and safety, able to create processes around this.
Coupled with this you will have:
Bachelor Degree / Master Degree in Engineering or a related discipline / or vocational training and working experience
Technical Background on mechanical and or electrical engineering or similiar
5 years' experience in Quality or Project Execution function in a project based business, construction, oil and gas, machinery or other related industry
Proven ability to write and produce technical reports and ability to oversee internal and external quality audits
Strong knowledge of codes, standards and expertise in quality management
Leader mind set and team player with conflict resilience, "right-first-time" mentality .
Proven skills in quality improvement techniques and Risk Management (i.e. Six Sigma, FMEA)
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Strong capabilities in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Data-driven and familiarity with Power BI and/or other data capturing tools.
Being fluent in English and German is required. Italian, Spanish, French, Czech, Russian language skills will be a benefit
Please note this role requires substantial travel to our installations site, so a full driving license and an ability to travel extensively is required.
Back to top