Project Manager - Software
- Wauwatosa, WI
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic is looking for a Project Manager to support their after-market business. The Project Manager is responsible for managing projects for the automated material handling scopes within Dematic. This individual will coordinate project teams to deliver within scope, on time, and within budget.
- Oversees various projects of significant magnitude in terms of complexity, cost, time-constraints, internal and external staffing, and equipment including software and hardware
- Provides direction to project team including assignment of individual responsibilities, tasks and technical functions
- Manages a project within the triple constraints of scope, schedule, and budget
- Manages scope, schedule and budget within software projects by understanding the customer requirements and working with software engineering on software application capabilities.
- Identifies and manages project risks with actionable mitigation strategies
- Analyzes project profitability forecasts appropriate monthly costs for revenue recognition, and ensures timely and accurate invoicing
- Identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to specific projects.
- Provide Project Management Practices and Solution Development Leadership to the Pre-Sales efforts in accordance with pre-sales processes
- Must have knowledge of the constraints and methods for defining and demonstrating equipment, subsystem, and system performance criteria.
- Ability to develop detailed project schedules inclusive of all in-scope engineering, installation, and integration schedule activities as well as explicit and implicate out-of-scope milestones by others (i.e. owners and general contractors) impacting project execution
- Applies base principles of systems engineering in the project execution efforts and in pre-sales solution development efforts which includes:
- Develop and validate the customer's business case.
- Evaluates system function and performance
- Architect the solution in a collaborative manner.
- Develops proposal, estimate, high level schedule
- Conducts customer contact.
- Visits work sites and perform evaluation for proposal development
What We Are Looking For
- BS Degree in Business or Engineering
- 5-7 year's experience in material handling industry or IT service industry
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong Project Management background
- Knowledge of IT topics applicable to software application implementations
- Knowledge of software implementation methodologies both waterfall and agile
- Experience with implementing software applications
- Team leadership and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Projects
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (may include weekends)
Back to top