- Banbury, United Kingdom
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Our success and our double digit growth is built on our ability to deliver projects on time and on budget. Delivering to an exacting and demanding specification, engaging and managing the customer throughout the build as well as overseeing the design and delievry aspects is the focus of our team of project managers .
Due to the continued growth of our business in UK; Northern Europe and indeed globally we are now looking for an experienced project manager to join this team.
To manage individual projects through to end of the warranty period, ensuring they are completed on time, within budget, to the agreed scope and meet the customers' agreed specification and Dematic's quality expectations
- To manage or be part of a team managing a project
- To ensure that all contracts are completed on time, within budget, to the agreed scope and that they meet customers' agreed specification and Dematic's quality expectations
- Issue weekly and monthly reports to inform the Company of progress against budget and programme, listing any cost variations, identifying significant problem areas and with updated payment schedule. This report has to follow Dematic's agreed standard format
- Maintain good control over the cost development of the contract and give accurate predictions of over or under spending. Use the Dematic cost monitor sheet to present this information
- Deal with the customer on all contractual matters, including claim management with office support as necessary
- Maintain and implement an up to date project time schedule; this has to indicate clearly the critical path of activities and any deviations from plan
- Co-ordinate and check all technical interfaces and activities. Ensure design meets contract requirements, with office engineering support as necessary
- Co-ordinate the specification of, and trigger procurement of equipment, products and services together with appropriate departments
- Initiate creation and issue of documentation to customers with office support
- Co-ordinate and ensure customer training is completed with office support
- Remain the focal point for the customer to the end of the warranty period
- Produce invoice schedules and ensure that the customer is correctly invoiced throughout the project
- Create appropriate handover documentation
- Obtain signed handover of contracts
- Make sure that the site (and site office, if appropriate) are kept safe and tidy and that the site reflects Dematic's image as a top quality, professional company. Ensure complete compliance with all site rules and regulations; Dematic, Customer, Principle Contractor and so on as appropriate
- Management of all personnel on site including sub-contractors
- Production of RAMS, issue Health and Safety Policy, issue hazard and risk analysis, compliance with CDM and any other regulations with office support
- Ensure all RAMS are reviewed and logged
- Assist during selling stage, usually when contract is close to being awarded
- To assist in the preparation of detailed specifications, clarification of the customers' requirements, and defining Dematic scope of supply
- To ensure detailed test and commissioning plans are generated
What We Are Looking For
This challenging but ultimately rewarding position requires :
- Proven track record in delivering projects across a broad spectrum within an associated industry (automation/ engineering/ warehousing)
- Minimum HNC in mechanical or electrical engineering or similar discipline
- Engineering degree desirable
- Good knowledge of MS Project, Excel and Word
- Project management training / qualification desirable
Please note this role will require extensive travel across UK and Northern Europe.
Back to top