Principle Software Architects
Dematic powers the future of commerce. We design, build, implement and service supply chain solutions for customers worldwide. Dematic serves customers in the general merchandise, grocery, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and retail industries. Dematic's product line includes mechatronics, industrial automation, controls, software and digital technologies. Dematic actively drives innovation in these technologies to help customers transform their supply chain operations and take advantage of the opportunities presented by e-commerce and omni-channel fulfillment.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of the KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse.
This role resides within Dematic's Global Products and Solutions organization. Solutions enabled by this function include supply chain innovations such as robotic mixed case palletizing, micro-fulfillment centers, autonomous mobile robot solutions, high density buffer storage and overhead systems. This is a key leadership role that will directly influence growth and profitability for Dematic. This is an exciting opportunity to join Dematic. If you are passionate about leading change and creating the future in a rapidly growing industry this role is for you!
This role will provide software architectural leadership to accelerate Dematic's transition to a microservices-based modular software architecture.
- Provide software architectural leadership to identify microservices, define microservice APIs and create a comprehensive microservices catalog. Define governance process for the microservices catalog and ensure governance. Define strategy for transitioning from the current monolithic architecture to a microservices-based architecture.
- Define architecture strategy and roadmap for harmonizing user experience from multiple, disparate experiences to a single, consistent experience and for introducing innovations such as multiexperiences into Dematic's offerings.
- Define architecture strategy and roadmap for enabling an AI-first approach for Dematic's offerings.
- Drive software architecture design standards. Drive selection and adoption of tools for supporting the architecture design process.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders including product management and R&D to drive adoption of the microservices-based architecture to ensure business benefits from software modularity are realized. As appropriate, exhibit interpersonal influence, collaboration, assertiveness and expertise to accomplish this.
What We Are Looking For
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related fields. Master's or PhD degree preferred.
- 12+ years of experience in software product design and development, including 6+ years of software architecture experience, preferably in the manufacturing, automation, machine building or aerospace industries.
- Experience in REST API design. Experience in microservices design using domain-driven design principles.
- Experience with AI technologies and AI-based software product development.
Back to top