Pre Commissioning Installation Manager
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Due to continued growth in our organization, Dematic Corporation is hiring an Pre Commissioning Installation Manager. We are looking for an experienced Pre Commissioning Installation Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements, without exceeding budget.
- Assist with routine equipment trial runs to ensure that it meets specifications and assure equipment is installed to Dematic Standards. Provide assistance with training of subcontractors in the installation of Dematic and other material handling equipment.
- Perform routine work within technical or paraprofessional area. Identify problems as they occur and suggests appropriate resolutions.
- Responsible for interfacing with Project Management, Installation Management, Engineering and customer (at appropriate level) on project issues.
- Quoting projects, including a pricing review meeting, justifying installation costs, and choosing subcontractors in conjunction with purchasing.
- Prepare quote packages that include a transmittal letter, drawings, equipment list, customer criteria, scope of work, general overview, and the schedule for the project.
- Attend weekly project review meetings, track financials, and contact and update the sub-contractors on a weekly basis.
- Make site visits to help with commissioning if needed and enforce safety and quality standards.
- Ordering all consumables, equipment rentals and other resources required for project execution.
- Attend post project meetings to recommend design or concept changes if problems arose during the installation process.
- Forecasting monthly installation costs and updating PMC tool.
- Promote job site safety and a clean and productive work environmentThe ideal candidate for this position has at least three years of electrical supervision experience. They will be servicing projects with Installation budgets in the $25,000 to $1M range. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. He or she has the appropriate math skills (calculations, geometry, etc.), follows and enforces established safety rules and regulations to maintain a safe and clean environment. In addition, he or she has strong organizational, computer, and interpersonal skills. Good time management skills, professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years experience in electrical or mechanical installation including conduit work, PLCs, and VFD's. Successful candidates have some working experience with material handling equipment, specifically with Overhead Systems or conveyors.
- Must be willing to travel on short notice and spend up to 50% of the time traveling. This role can sometimes travel on weekends.
- Must be willing to be on call and willing to work weekends and off shifts while at installation sites.
- Must be able to write concise, clear, and complete trip reports in the time frame required according to Dematic procedures.
- Must have knowledge in the use of personal computers (word and excel). SAP experience preferred, but not required.
- 1-2 years of vocational technical training or skill training/certification preferred, but not required.
Back to top