PMO Engineering Training & Development Leader
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic has an immediate need for a PMO Training & Development Leader located in our Atlanta, GA headquarters. This role carries the objective of developing excellence in the global Project Management organization by supporting the creation of global standards and practices. This role will also develop a Project Manager training program to create a program feeder pool for talent growth in our Project Execution organization.
- Relating to standards development and compliance:
- Working with the regional Project Management Offices, develop a framework of common critical PM standards and practices.
- Support in establishing standard global tools to support the global PM framework.
- Contribute to developing strategy for documenting standards and processes.
- Work with global and regional teams to harmonize and gain compliance to global standards and processes.
- Relating to talent development:
- Leads the analysis of training needs and determines strategies for designing effective communication/publication/ training products and solutions for project managers, site managers and contract managers.
- Develop training programs, curricula, etc. to support ongoing skills and abilities training.
- Establish, manage and sustain a robust global PMTP (Project Manager Training Program) for recruitment and training of new PM's.
- Design and deliver internal training programs for new employees and existing PM/Practitioners (Project Lifecycle, Tools, Reports, Forms, Processes) to improve project management capabilities, knowledge and skills.
- Interfaces with:
- Internal -
- Regional Organizations - MD's, Project Execution Leads, Regional PMO's
- GO Organization - Quality, EHS, Procurement, Manufacturing, Engineering, etc.
- External -
- Key global customers
- Internal -
What We Are Looking For
Education: Bachelor's Degree and PM experience is required. Masters strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive project management/PMO experience with minimum 3 years proven experience as an Training / Learning and Development Manager.
- Proven experience delivering large scale, enterprise, mission critical projects.
- Proven experience delivering large scale training programs from needs analysis to deployment.
- Excellent communication, influencing, and leadership skills at all levels, and competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of leaders including internal stakeholders, customers and vendors and be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Experience acting as a change agent by demonstrating past successes driving and managing change within an organization.
- Demonstrated outstanding team building skills with the ability to improve interaction and efficiency as well as the ability to break down barriers / silos.
Back to top