NA Strategic Buyer (Customer Service)
- Monterrey, Mexico
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic is growing and we are looking for talent to join our Procurement organization. Currently, we are seeking a Strategic Buyer (Customer Service) to support procurement activities and objectives within a customer service environment. This critical role supports our Customer Service organization in North America, ensuring that we are able to deliver quality products and projects on time by working with our key suppliers.
The primary functions of the Strategic Buyer will be:
- Procurement of direct materials and services which may include: metal fabricated parts; controls/electrical & electronic components; wires and cables; plastic parts; mechanical components; third party equipment and installation services
- Manage new part creation process through Salesforce and SAP with proper sense of urgency
- Maintain close coordination with tactical buying teams to ensure supplier performance
- Collaborate with Regional Category Leads to implement sourcing strategies which support Customer Service and Procurement objectives
- Collaborate with a variety of functional areas (such as materials management, project management, engineering, quality and product management) to meet business objectives
- Identify synergies with customer service procurement teams in other regions
- Drive process/policy compliance and perform work in accordance with the KION Group principles & guidelines.
- Lead continuous process improvement efforts
- Participate and facilitate in new program quote activities involving pricing reviews with cross-functional stakeholder team members
- Make sourcing arrangements and determine optimal quality, lead time and pricing for customer service requirements
- Develop and coordinate set up of new suppliers (if needed) to support requirements for customers
- Forecast projected savings strategies and record savings to help meet department goal
- Attend weekly project management meetings to fully understand project scope, content with 'as-is' risks and installation schedules with critical milestones
- Work with sourcing Category teams to identify qualified sources of equipment to develop the Project sourcing plan.
- Prepare project requirements content sheet for Category teams to populate project sourcing plan
- Maintain supplier delivery date schedule
- Attend Gate review meetings and alert team on any project related issues
- Perform as the main Procurement liaison between Project Management and Engineering for project related activity.
- Conduct post-project reviews with the Project Team and develop pro-active solutions to supplier related concerns for future projects.
Job Family Responsibilities:
- Performs complex buying strategies and supplier selection to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serves as liaison between suppliers and users, getting prior approval for purchases in excess of established limits.
- Resolves complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices.
- Updates project plans and purchasing systems; reviews and analyzes requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases.
- Negotiates prices, terms and quality requirements; prepares requests for quotes and assists in the development of new supply sources; evaluates market conditions.
- Performs value analysis to identify cost improvements.
- Checks the capacity of suppliers and availability for materials
- Assures adherence to the contract and assists in the development of contracts.
- Secures documentation required by the purchasing process
- Manages and updates master data
- Participation on Supplier Audits
- Preparing of Make-or-Buy decisions
What We Are Looking For
Knowledge, Education, & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, ideally in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or Business; valid certifications as a procurement professional preferred.
- Preferred 5 years of experience at a minimum in purchasing. Working in a manufacturing and/or projects environment is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of SAP and EDI transmission of the procure-to-pay process, including data elements. 2 - 3 Years of experience with SAP and Blanket Purchase Order with releases highly desirable.
- Ability to implement efficiencies in SAP to reduce the number of PO transactions per project required. Need to be able to drive SAP changes within the organization.
- Knowledge and strong utilization of Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships both internally, across all functional organization and externally with supplies and customers.
- Lean and Continuous Improvement strategy strongly preferred, but not required.
- Must be willing to travel to suppliers and/or other Dematic locations as needed up to 15%.
- Demonstrated values of collaboration, integrity, courage and excellence is required.
- Effective communication in English (verbal and writing)
- Exhibits Dematic and KION Core Values of Collaboration, Integrity, Courage, and Excellence.
Back to top