Mechatronics Sr. Supervisor
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
This group has blended responsibilities from Electrical and Mechanical Pre-Commissioning.
Electrical Pre-Commissioning team bridges the gap between Electrical Installation and Controls Engineering (Commissioning). Responsibilities include the start-up, testing and troubleshooting of conveyor and machine systems. This includes electrical and network testing and validation, troubleshooting of hardwired and software-based E-stop systems, set-up of PLC and loading of PLC programs, and checkout of I/O.
The Mechanical Pre-Commissioning team bridges the gap between Mechanical Installation and Mechanical Engineering. Primary responsibilities include quality audits, maintaining the project internal punch list, interfacing with site leads, and distributing project status reports.
Installation is expanding the Pre-Commissioning team and is looking for a Mechatronics Senior Supervisor to help grow and lead this important effort. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with experience leading teams of electrical/mechanical technicians, controls technicians, or mechatronics technicians and who has a passion for quality, safety, and pays attention to detail.
- Responsible for the training and development of the Mechatronics Technicians.
- Work cross-functionally with project management, engineering, and supply chain.
- Directly responsible for leading and managing crews that consist of a Site Supervisor, Foremen, and Technicians. Leading approximately 15-20 individuals across several projects.
- Plan project work and ensure that Pre-Commissioning tasks are completed on time to meet scope, budget, and project milestones.
- Identify resource needs and move personnel between sites to complete work, control budget, and maintain appropriate skillset and headcount.
- Accurately forecast cost and headcount requirements to completion.
- Works within the group to help facilitate the training and growth of individuals and teams.
- Troubleshoot and resolve semi-complex to complex problems.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree + 2 years' experience, associate's degree + 4 years' experience, or relevant technical certification plus 6 years' experience.
- Experience leading small teams preferable. Typically manages multiple non- exempt level employees
- Five years (minimum) experience in troubleshooting Electrical equipment. The successful candidate should have some working experience with material handling equipment.
- Must be willing to travel on short notice and spend up to 80% of the time traveling.
- Must be willing to be on call and travel accordingly.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, and off shifts.
- Must be able to act calmly in stressful situations.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
- Must be able to write concise, clear, and complete trip reports in the time frame required according to Dematic procedures.
Back to top