Mechatronics Pre-Commissioning Tech
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Work closely with mechanical & electrical installers and mechanical & controls engineers
- Load emulated PLC programs and complete static functional testing according to received Description of Operation and drawings.
- Complete system I/O and device-level checkout and validation. Troubleshoot and correct component problems (PLC, field devices, network repeaters, etc.) as required.
- Testing, validate, and troubleshoot various communications and controls networks such as Ethernet IP, Device Net, Control Net, Profi-bus, AS-I, and CAN.
- Turnover validated subsystems to mechanical & controls engineering, with appropriate validation checklists.
- Audit the system using checklists, product & safety standards, etc., and maintain a project action item list.
- Provide daily and weekly progress reports.
What We Are Looking For
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Exhibit solid understanding and regard for safety issues.
- Strong analytic skills
- Be able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Be able to work well in fast-paced environments and exhibit respect for strict project deadlines.
Education:High School or equivalent; Technical degree or specialized training preferred.
Back to top