Mechanical Senior Supervisor (Pre-Commissioning)
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Mechanical Commissioning Supervisor:
Dematic is now hiring for a Mechanical Commissioning Supervisor. In this role will have prior supervisory or leadership experience in building and supporting teams. We seek an motivated and dedicated team memember to bridge the gap between Mechanical Installation and Mechanical Engineering.
Primary responsibilities include: quality audits, maintaining the project internal punch list, interfacing with site leads, and distributing project status reports.
Installation is expanding the Mechanical Pre-Commissioning team and has the need to add a Supervisor to help grow and lead this important effort. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with experience leading teams of Mechanical technicians, Engineering technicians, or Mechatronics technicians who has a passion for quality, safety, and pays attention to detail.
- Directly responsible for leading and managing crews that consist of a Site Supervisor, Foremen, and Technicians. Leading approximately 15-20 individuals across several projects.
- Plan project work and ensure that Pre-Commissioning tasks are completed in a timely manner to meet scope, budget, and project turnover schedules (timing).
- Identify resource needs and move personnel between sites to complete work, control budget, and maintain appropriate skill-set and headcount on projects.
- Responsible for training and growth of individuals and team.
- Accurately forecast cost and headcount requirements to completion.
- Works within the group to help facilitate training and growth of individuals and team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve semi-complex to complex problems.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree + 2 years' experience, associate's degree + 4 years' experience, or relevant technical certification plus 6 years' experience.
- Experience leading small teams preferable. Typically manages multiple non- exempt level employees
- Five years (minimum) experience in troubleshooting mechanical equipment. Successful candidate should have some working experience with material handling equipment.
- Must be willing to travel on short notice and spend up to 100% of the time traveling.
- Must be willing to be on call and travel accordingly.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and off shifts.
- Must be able to act calmly in stressful situations.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
- Must be able to write concise, clear, and complete trip reports in the time frame required according to Dematic procedures.
Back to top