Mechanical Integration Engineer
- Banbury, United Kingdom
We are Dematic, one of the world's largest materials handling systems supplier. We have been delivering and developing our technology for 200 years. It's our people and our technology that have helped to transform this industry, and we are continuing to grow faster than ever. New technology is shifting the way our customers think about automation and intralogistics. The 4th industrial revolution is upon us, and we are now seeing the introduction of new technology like robotics, new software and analytics to help drive efficiency.
At Dematic, we deliver solutions to our customers that help optimise their supply chain, improve performance and optimise productivity. Every day our automated and software technology solutions help to deliver 18.5 billion parcels worldwide every day. Warehouses and distributions centres are at the heart of the supply chain, which is our space. Our role is to find the most efficient way of getting goods from the start of their journey through to their exit and shipping off to consumers meeting their expectations and demands in a fast moving world.
This role is an exciting opportunity for you to join the team at Dematic helping to define and shape the future of materials handling solutions covering the UK region by integrating material handling systems with buildings and services, and designing support structure, within cost and time scale constraints, to meet customers' requirements, legal guidelines, environmental directives and health and safety requirements.
- Create cost effective structural solutions in relation to material handling systems
- Assist mechanical design engineers develop system layouts within building and services constraints
- Provide system integration drawings and technical specifications
- Provide loading calculations for the detail design of structures
- Give advance notice of materials required to purchasing department
- Approve and issue specialist supplier/subcontractor designs and details for manufacture and construction
- Provide access solutions for maintenance and egress in-line with local regulations
- Create manufacturing drawings and parts lists for equipment within scope of supply
- Sales project managers and solutions teams during sales phase
- Mechanical engineers, project managers, customer and sub-contractors during order execution phase
- And provide technical information to any department so entitled, i.e. purchasing, projects, service, spares
What We Are Looking For
- Essential: HNC/HND or equivalent in Engineering (Mechanical, civil, structural) or proven experience
- Desirable: Graduate with degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Desirable: A solid foundation of structural design, experience of working with steel structures inside warehouses
- Proven experience in a similar role which you can demonstrate at interview stage
- Previous use of CAD, Inventor or similar software
- Previous use of structural design software
Back to top