Mechanical Foreman 2
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Assists with routine equipment trial runs to ensure that it meets specifications and assure equipment is installed to Dematic Standards. Provides assistance with training of subcontractors in the installation of Dematic and other material handling equipment.
Performs routine work within technical or paraprofessional area. Identifies problems as they occur and suggests appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from others.
What We Are Looking For
• Six years (minimum) experience in troubleshooting mechanical equipment. Successful candidates must have some working experience with material handling equipment. Service experience with AGVS, AS/RS, or conveyors is highly prized.
• Must be willing to travel on short notice and spend up to 100% of the time traveling.
• Must be willing to be on call and travel accordingly.
• Willingness to work weekends, holidays and off shifts.
• Must be able to act calmly in stressful situations.
• Must be able to write concise, clear, and complete trip reports in the time frame required according to Dematic procedures.
• Must have knowledge in the use of personal computers for word processing, data base functions and communications. Understanding personal computer hardware setup and software configuration required.
Typically an Associate's degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of a technical or specialty area. Generally, up to 5-8 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Key Working Relationships:
Contacts are primarily with immediate manager and others in the group, including installation subcontractors.
Back to top