- Banbury, United Kingdom
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation
The new role of Manager PMO, reporting to EMEA Head of PMO, is key in refining, strengthening and sustaining Dematic's competitive advantage of project execution on a regional level and will support the creation and implementation of global standards and practices. This role will be responsible for deployement and continuous improvement of various methods, best practices and tools for Project Execution, improving the overall project portfolio management maturity across the region, and tracking and reporting the conformance to plans and expectations of multiple initiatives. This role will also support in delivering consistent project results by increasing emphasis on delivering what was promised to the customer by coaching and guiding the project teams.
- Implement Project Management best practices and Process Requirements and support Project Managers in adoption of Dematic's Global Project Execution Processes
- Track, Audit and Review compliance with Project Management Process Requirements
- Regularly review and evaluate best practices to improve the Global Project Management Processes and Project Execution Tools to achieve higher maturity in project execution
- Identify, develop and manage key initiatives for improvement
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to project managers in regard to Project Execution Processes and Global Project Execution Tools
- Provide Mentoring and Facilitation and assure ongoing training for Project Management Professionals by managing the regional Project Management Training Program.
- Improve project execution outcome in delivered project execution quality, profitability, and execution speed
- Support Project and Portfolio Analytics within the Region and provide insights into Project Portfolio Development
What We Are Looking For
This hugely demanding, business critical but ultimatley rewarding position requires, previous substantial experience in managing projects within the industrial project environment (EPC / EPCM projects), or a proven track record within PMO in a related industry with defining and delivery of world class project methodology.
As well as:
- Experience in performing Process Audits desired
- Experience in the analysis of performance metrics; short and long term development planning.
- Excellent communication, influencing, and leadership skills at all levels, and competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of leaders and project managers and be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Function as a change agent by driving and managing change within an organization.
- Demonstrated outstanding team building skills with the ability to improve interaction and efficiency as well as the ability to break down barriers / silos.
- Experience in establishing and sustaining an effective KPI-driven operating / execution cadence.
Back to top