Java Technical Leader
- Vimercate, Italy
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic is looking for a talented Java Technical Leader, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Cernusco Sul Naviglio. He/She will work with an international Software Team in order to develop applications for automated warehouses management based on our proprietary advanced framework (Dematic iQ). Click here!
The candidate will work on 2 main tasks:
- Design and develop the software applications according to specific client's needs
- Support the other Software engineers to resolve the technical issue
- Performs reviews of customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements
- Control the timeline of the project
- Provide Remote Assistance service to the final customer
- Commissioning and testing the new systems, both in-house and at the customer sites
- Participate in training sessions and hold presentations of technical findings and developments
- Collaborate with other colleagues from other countries
Your challenge in the medium term:
- Performing complex design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, implementation and support of software
- Become the focal point for the project
What We Are Looking For
Who are we looking for?
A Senior candidate with the following features:
- Bachelor/master degree in computer science or equivalent
- At least 4-5 years of experience in J2EE applications development and framework knowledge (EJB, CDI, JMS and JPA)
- Good knowledge of the Spring framework (Boot, MVC, JPA, Hibernate)
- Experience with application servers (JBoss/WildFly, Glassfish)
- Knowledge of control version systems (CVS, SVN, GIT) and project management tools (Maven, Ant)
- Skills on Junit or other relevant test frameworks
- Good knowledge of RDBMS (Oracle, MSSQL)
- Availability to travel 30% of the working time (mainly in Italy)
- Good knowledge of Italian and English written and spoken
Nice to have
- Previous experience in warehouse logistics and/or industrial automation domains
- Web services implementation (REST, SOAP, WSDL, ...)
- Virtualization environments (VMWare , Docker, ...)
- Previous experience with agile development (Scrum)
What can we further offer?
- An international environment where curiosity and proactivity is highly appreciated
- Opportunity to know other countries and cultures
- Fast growing company
- Meal totally paid by the company
- Personal Computer and Smartphone
- A permanent contract
Dematic pays much attention to Diversity and guarantees equal opportunities. We believe strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications and we'll not accept CVs by mail.
Before meeting us, watch the videos We Are Dematic and our Solutions!
Back to top