Java Software Engineer - DiQ Optimize
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Software Applications Engineering team as a Principal Software Developer. The Software Developer manages the delivery of high performance, mission critical software solutions that drive the Dematic customer's automated systems. Job Description
This position is responsible for configuring and customizing our Warehouse Execution Software solutions to fit our customer's needs. The successful candidate will work closely with Project Management, Data Scientists and Quality Assurance to design, develop and deploy software solutions within the warehouse distribution space. This position will also provide support and technical advice during conceptualization, development, and implementation phases to transform requirements to working solutions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to software design and architecture, including design reviews
- Develop high-quality code along with automated unit tests for cloud-based and self-hosted SaaS products
- Contribute to integration, system, and performance testing, including test tools
- Take ownership as a highly motivated member of a scrum team
- Assist with troubleshooting customer problems and finding solutions in a timely fashion
- Write test cases within an automated test framework for development projects
- Work within a Scrum environment to plan and deliver incremental software in defined sprints
- Build strong partnerships with UX designers, Software Developers, and Product Managers
- Develop software with Java EE for projects
- Provide technical support to customers on-site
- Train customers and key-users on installed applications
- Maintain excellent relationships with all internal and external customers through provision of high-quality service
- Work within an Agile environment
- Travel to site during software commissioning phases to ensure that integration testing and site acceptance testing is completed as required
- Perform presentation(s) of complex technical findings and developments to internal and external customers
- Design database schemas and contribute to database performance tuning
- Provide mentorship and training to software team
- Travel is approximately ~20%
What We Are Looking For
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering Preferred
- Ten or more years in software development
- Expert in minimum of 3 object-oriented languages
- Expert knowledge of at least 2 operating systems
- Knowledge and/or experience with concurrency and/or scalability
- Expert knowledge of Relational Databases
- Experience with web-based development for Java applications
- Software Methodologies: Agile / Scrum
Experience with Tomcat.
Experience with JQuery, Bootstrap/AngularJS, JSF, Hibernate, Git, and Apache Ant.
Experience with Spring/Struts frameworks, RESTful services.
Experience working in a large, enterprise environment.
The ideal Principal Software Developer will hold the following certifications and relevant experience: CSM - Preferred 8+ years engineering or software project experience 2+ years logistics industry experience Jira and Confluence experience
Back to top