Internal Control Manager
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic has an immediate need for an Internal Control Project Manager at our Global HDQ office in Atlanta, GA. This role will assist in the execution of the goals and objectives of the enterprise-wide Internal Control Governance Program. This involves collaborating with team members and business stakeholders to lead advisory initiatives by managing projects end-to-end to deliver on scope, objectives, and expectations. The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven ability in managing projects within simultaneous work streams while utilizing project management tools and standards. This role will report directly to the Director of Internal Controls.
- Serve as an expert in the application of continuous improvement methods by identifying improvement opportunities and driving solutions
- Assess the effectiveness of the design and operation of existing internal controls through the preparation of process maps to identify process gaps and improvement opportunities
- Analyze process gaps to detect the root cause of process breakdowns
- Improve process performance by working with the business to develop, gain consensus and implement process solutions
- Understand the relationships between mitigating risk, improving performance, and balancing cost/benefit of suggested solutions and changes
- Develop and present regular updates/summaries for all relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with business cycle and control owners to monitor the company's compliance with established internal control related activities as well as enhance control monitoring as systems and processes change
- Demonstrated experience with discretion; respectful of confidential information and data
- Thrive on new challenges, adapting quickly to learn new knowledge, and demonstrating a drive for collaborative results
- Support management with special projects and workflow process improvements and other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA or equivalent work experience/professional education preferred
- Professional certifications (e.g., CIA, PMP, CISA, etc.) a plus
- 5+ years of performing/leading advisory projects; demonstrating creative, out-of-box thinking and solid project management principles to drive projects to completion
- 3+ years of implementation of continuous improvement tools/techniques in roles of increasing responsibility
- Experience with auditing financial and operational controls. IT audit experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of business risks and COSO requirements
- Proficiency with data analysis and process mapping applications; advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project)
- Ability to define the problem, identify the appropriate business partners, and work with the business to develop and implement recommendations. This includes creating process flows and identifying the gaps in the process.
- We are looking for someone who is confident, team oriented, has strong attention to detail, is organized, and has robust writing skills.
Back to top