Installations Materials Manager
- Banbury, United Kingdom
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The numbers size and complexity of the projects undertaken continues to grow, and therefore we are looking to add to our installations team with the new position of Materials Manager. The role will supervise the flow and logistics of all materials from manufacturing to project sites utilising the Dematic materials management tools
- Supervises the flow of materials and equipment from Manufacturing to job site.
- Reviews and plans requirements for ordering materials.
- Participates in the evaluation of Manufacturing performance.
- Monitors complex project activities so that project objectives are met in accordance with schedules.
- Coordinates and controls the materials planning function.
- Interface with Installation for shipment information and ordering priorities.
- Coordinate with Project Management for delivery sequence and expediting.
- Track all parts requirements related to projects.
- Provide feedback to Project Management on exceptions (late shipments).
- Expediting for priority orders.
- Verify stock availability on all priority order entry requests.
- Order Entry for standard orders.
- Coordination meetings with Manufacturing and Traffic; Project Management when required.
- Return Authorizations.
- Coordinate shipping instructions and modes of transportation required to ensure equipment arrives at job sites when needed.
- Provide shipping information to project teams.
What We Are Looking For
To be successful in this highly business crtitical role you will have a proven track record of managing materil flow within site supervision / site management with a passion for driving right first time delivery, and be able to create processes around this.
Coupled with this you will have:
- Substantial experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
Please note this role requires substantial travel to our installations site, so a full driving license and an ability to travel extensively is required.
Back to top