- Banbury, United Kingdom
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The numbers size and complexity of the projects undertaken continues to grow, and therefore we are looking to add to our installations team with an additional installations site manager.
- Liaise with the Project Manager on the specific requirements of the contract.
- Overall responsibility for health and safety and act as safety representative on site.
- To be pro-active in ensuring that the work being carried out by the Site Supervisors is to the Dematic standard.
- Write and distribute a weekly progress report of site activities and highlight any potential delays to the issued project programme.
- Ensure completeness of mechanical and electrical areas prior to commissioning commencing against the issued project programme.
- Provide first aid cover.
- Assist in commissioning/testing where required.
- Create and maintain a team ethos.
- Collate and record sub-contractor Method Statements/Risk Assessments.
- Attend client co-ordination meetings as required.
- Hold weekly sub-contractor co-ordination meetings to ensure good progress is being made.
- Ensure site rules are observed by Dematic employees and its sub-contractors.
- Co-ordinate sub-contract workforce and materials for the project.
- You may be asked from time to time to carry out informal on the job training.
What We Are Looking For
To be successful in this highly business crtitical role you will have a proven track record of site supervision / site management (ideally) within a warehousing environment.
Coupled with this you will have:
- Substantial experience in a similar position at a supervisory level.
- NEBOSH Certificate.
- City & Guilds Qualification in either a mechanical or electrical discipline.
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations.
- First Aid in the Workplace.
- Clean UK driving licence.
- Ability to work at height.
- MEWP's Licence (desirable).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
Must have the ability to man manage.
Back to top