Installation Site Coordinator
- Grand Rapids, MI
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The Installation team is seeking a Site Coordinator to help prepare reports, correspondence, and/or statistics in regards to project specific items such as site safety, movement of materials and schedule requirements. Maintains records and filing systems; types and/or enters data into computer systems, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, or specialized software packages. Performs the administration of programs, projects, and/or processes specific to the organizational unit served. This position requires 100% travel. Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site new hire safety orientation
- Perform on-site safety walk throughs and inspections
- Assist Supervisor with Daily/Weekly labor data
- Input inventory information into Site Materials Management
- Set up and manage site equipment rentals and job site tool requirements
- Performs simple, routine work within area of specialization.
- Selects appropriate processes from clearly documented rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from manager.
- Communicate / Coordinate with site supervisors and project managers in regards to labor requirements, inventory, site conditions, equipment rentals and overall project status
What We Are Looking For
Education:Typically, HS diploma or equivalent required. 1-2 years of vocation/technical training or an Associates degree may be required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required. Knowledge and Experience:Demonstrates thorough/advanced knowledge of a specialty area and of tasks and responsibilities. Typically, 5-8 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Must be proficient in Microsoft office (especially Excel) and have strong organizational skills. Must have experience with on line communication tools like Skype
Direction of Others:May provide general guidance to others and train lower level employees. Will receive direction from and provide instruction to a diverse labor force. Key Working Relationships:Frequent inter-organizational and external contacts. Must be able to professionally interact with individuals holding many different positions, both within the organization and external to Dematic.
Back to top