Installation Field Supervisor - Electrical
- Grand Rapids, MI
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Due to growth in our organization, Dematic is hiring for an Electrical Field Supervisor (Junior or Senior level). This person would have direct reports and indirect reports, overseeing other electrical installers. The location of this role can be based anywhere throughout North America, with the capability to travel to customer sites.
- Directly responsible for leading and managing crews that consist of lead persons/crew leaders, journeymen, apprentices, and/or helpers. Leading approximately 12-15 individuals and contractors.
- Lay out project work and ensure that materials, tools, equipment, etc. are scheduled in a timely manner to meet scope, budget and project construction schedules.
- Accountable for the on-site supervision of assigned electrical installers in such a way as to ensure scheduled completion of projects within established budget, time frame, quality and performance standards.
- Responsible for reviewing project documents, plans and specifications, directing installation activities, resolving construction difficulties, coordinating field installations, project close-outs, and developing and/or maintaining customer/client relationships.
- All responsibilities to be accomplished within standard operating procedures, project costs, time constraints, and quality standards.
- OSHA training or certificate preferred
- MS word and excel experience required
- Performs annual performance evaluations of assigned personnel as directed.
- Has Journeyman's license where required.
- Accountable for leadership, management and supervision of project.
- Responsible for safe installations, alterations, additions, and/or repairs of electrical systems, associated materials, and equipment within the material handling industry.
- assists with routine equipment trial runs to ensure that it meets specifications and ensure equipment is installed to Dematic standards.
- Provide additional assistance with training of subcontractors in the installation of Dematic and other MHE equipement
What We Are Looking For
- Five years (minimum) experience in troubleshooting electromechanical equipment. Working experience with material handling equipment preferred, but not required. Service experience with AGVS, AS/RS, or conveyors is highly prized.
- Must be willing to travel on short notice and spend up to 100% of the time traveling. Dematic offers opportunity to go home monthly or more.
- Must be willing to be on call and travel accordingly.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and off shifts - offer OT compensation
- Must be able to act calmly in stressful situations
- Must be able to write concise, clear, and complete trip reports in the time frame required according to Dematic procedures.
- Must have knowledge in the use of personal computers, data base functions and communications.
- Understanding personal computer hardware setup and software configuration required.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of a technical or specialty area. Generally, up to 5+ years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Responsibilities as presented above.
Dematic offers competitive benefits and compensation.
Back to top