Head of AI & ML, Advanced Analytics, Computational Perception and Intelligent Algorithms
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Industrial supply chains, automation in warehousing and logistics systems and more intelligent software play an increasingly critical role in contributing to the competitiveness of many companies and, at the same time, to the effectiveness of the general world economy. The modern intra-logistics solutions combine state-of-the-art mechatronic, complex software, advanced robotics, modern computational perception, and sophisticated AI and operations research algorithms to provide high throughput and efficient processing for many mission critical commercial logistics applications.
The Center of Excellence for AI and Intelligent Algorithms (CoE-AI) at Dematic (and KION) aims to combine advances in Analytics, AI & Machine Learning, Operations Research, IoT, computational perception, and cloud-based/edge-based software to provide breakthrough solutions for various aspects of intra-logistics ecosystems and beyond.
We are looking for a dynamic, hands-on, innovation and delivery minded leader, with a proven track record, to provide leadership within the CoE-AI. This key position will work with internal teams and external customers to:
- Define and lead full-scale Machine Learning and AI projects, that includes both data sciences/big data and computational perception aspects, with the goal of quick market introduction.
- Expertise in agile development methodology and ability to deliver AI projects using agile methodologies.
- Apply modern Advanced Analytics and AI/Machine Learning methodologies to solve complex problems involving synthesis of solutions that can measurably streamline intra-logistics and supply chain management operations.
- Develop novel perception-based solutions, leveraging advances in sensor technology and sensor fusion algorithms and the power of IoT and AI at the edge and in the cloud, that can demonstrably increase the reliability and adaptive control of highly automated warehouse systems.
- Participate in the evaluation of key AI and perception hardware and software providers in the industry and define strategies and approaches for partnership.
- Contribute to application of deep learning in mobile robotic navigation and fleet management algorithms including work related to AMR (Automated Mobile Robots) and robotic picking.
- Provide leadership and/or subject matter expertise in developing various analytics related products (descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive) with ability to offer these products in a cloud-based As-a-Service delivery model.
- Develop approaches to gather large operational data, including image data, label the data and process the data for analytics and training purposes.
- Hire and retain talented AI/ML, Big Data, Analytics, and computational perception team members infusing a culture of innovation and commercial aptitude in the operations of the team.
What We Are Looking For
- Master's or PhD degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics (a degree that provided focus on AI/ML and Machine Perception is highly desired.)
- 8+ years of experience in developing industrial solutions that include components related to Analytics, AI/ML, or computational perception.
- At least 2 years of experience in working on projects with AI/ML as the focus.
- 2+ years of experience in applying Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) and deep learning to a diverse set of commercial applications including, but limited to, classification problems, sensor fusion projects, navigation algorithms, and/or natural language processing.
- Experience working with Transfer learning and Reinforcement learning approaches to training systems.
- Experience working with Adversarial Machine Learning (AML) and Generative Adversarial Networks (GAN).
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to program in one or more high level languages (e.g. C++, Python, Java, C#) in conjunction with widely used AI/ML SDKs.
- Experience leading teams and delivering projects on time and on-budget.
- Expertise with database management systems (relational as well as no-sql) and data warehousing systems is desired.
- Familiarity with developing cloud-based AI solutions using technologies offered by major cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Amazon AWS a strong plus.
- Familiarity with designing and implementing Apache Open Source (Kafka, Storm, Spark) Frameworks to process end to end data management life cycle is desirable.
Back to top