- Memphis, TN
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Our Memphis Warehouse is looking for hardworking, motivated self-starters who want to launch their career at Dematic! The Material Handler position is an entry level role where you can learn the warehouse operations by starting out picking and packing parts for our customers.
- Receive orders from customer for parts.
- Verify parts and part numbers using a computerized system.
- Pick and pack correct parts for shipment using a forktruck.
What We Are Looking For
Responsilities and Essential Functions:
- Complete assigned tasks including loading and unloading, moving, staging, picking/pulling orders, and transporting material around the warehouse.
- Be personable, articulate, and have the ability to work well with other employees and management.
- Work with strong attention to detail and high motivation for completing tasks accurately and timely.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Adhere to company policies, operating procedures, and health and safety requirements.
- Provide outstanding service to customers by maintaining attention to detail, accuracy, quality and completing assigned work in a timely manner.
- Safely operate forktrucks and other material handling warehouse equipment
- Assist in other area of the warehouse as needed to complete other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- At least one (1) year of warehouse experience is required.
- Previous experience operating a forklift truck in a warehouse environment.
- Be flexible to work necessary overtime as required.
- Requires the ability to lift material weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Number verification and accuracy is required for all order
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and follow Dematic policies and procedures.
Back to top