Field Operations Supervisor - Controls
- Larkhall, United Kingdom
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
To mentor, guide, monitor and develop the Field Operations team to promote the Dematic values and support the requirements and activities of our internal and external customers to Deliver In-Full, On-Time.
- Identify and manage training requirements
- Continuously develop the team to deliver a best in class service
- Promote, support and propagate the standardisation/harmonisation of maintenance/repair practices across the team
- Review, check and approve maintenance/repair instructions and reports
- Develop, share and implement best practice ideas
- Liaise with Company Product Centres, Centre of Excellence and key suppliers to provide technical clarifications
- Ensure that the required Health and Safety documentation including, but not limited to Method Statements and Risk Assessments are produced and adhered to correctly
- Lead by example
- Support and defend the values, principles and direction of the company
- Comply with all company policies
- Ensure that standard maintenance and repair techniques are optimised in terms of reliability and performance to ensure maximum competitive advantage for the Company whilst ensuring compliance to key CE Directives and standards
- Annual appraisal of direct reports
What We Are Looking For
- Extensive experience within the warehouse automated industry.
- HNC / HND (or equivalent) qualification in Control / Electrical discipline.
- Extensive experience of control systems e.g. PLCs, distributed I/O, drives, scanners.
- Practical understanding of key appropriate standards and legislation i.e. EN528 / EN795/ BS ISO 4309 LOLER, PUWER relevant to the installed base
- LEEA Part 1/2
Back to top