Experienced Cloud Developer - Automated Guided Vehicles
Who is Dematic?
If there's one company that sets the bar in automated technology, software and supply chain optimization services worldwide, it's Dematic. Our experts, customers and facilities are all around the world.
Did you know that we've implemented over 6,000 integrated systems for companies ranging from small to multinational household names, in a wide range of industries on every continent?
As part of the KION Group, we breathe automation and AGV. KION Mobile Automation is the world-leading, fast-growing, innovative frontrunner in the development of mobile robotics, robotic fleet controllers and cloud-based fleet logistics management systems.
In the Software Development R&D the AGV Insights cloud-analytics forms a corner-stone of our software products and fulfills a key-need as we move into new markets with series products in a mass-market. The team plays an important role in the development of a cloud and on-premise application, AGV Insights, used for monitoring Automated Guided Vehicles. This application helps customers & our service departments to monitor and diagnose AGV systems with focus on predictive maintenance.
To further strengthen the department, we are looking for you as a talented and passionate "Experienced Cloud Developer - Automated Guided Vehicles (m / f / x) at location Zwijndrecht (Antwerp).
- Your role includes Back-end development of the AGV Insights application using Azure technologies like Event Hub, Service Fabric, etc
- Focus will be on defining and implementing an architecture for collecting, storing, transformation and visualization of streams of AGV data like navigation scanner data, safety scanner data, drive and lift parameters, camera data etc
- As some parts of the application also need to be available when no cloud connection is available a seamless transition from a simple on-premise application to the full blown cloud application will be one of your challenges
- As you work hands-on in all aspects of the development cycle, you will immediately see how your efforts affect the customer's experience
- You will work closely with the data scientist, front-end developer and product owner in the team
- You will be working in an international environment collaborating with agile development teams based in 6 locations globally
What We Are Looking For
- Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent through work experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working on large-scale, mission-critical software projects. Experience with Azure Service Fabric, Azure Event Hub, Azure Active Directory, Azure Storage, Azure Key Vault, C# is required
- Experience in AGV-systems or warehouse logistics mechatronics subsystems would be an asset.
- Knowledge or interest in data analytics like Machine Learning is a plus, so is experience using NoSQL technologies.
- Strong focus on delivering high quality software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to work with cross-functional teams to build partnerships and get things done
- A good understanding of agile software development and testing principles and practices
- Strong communications skills in English and Dutch, both written and spoken.
- A good sense of humor and an ability to have fun!
What We Offer?We are the largest provider on the market and want to further expand leadership position in the field of mobile automation. We have the speed and short decision-making paths of a start-up, but the financial security and the standing of a large corporation. We have top technologies, have a global sales and network and work for the big global e-commerce customers who are looking for global solutions. Our development and processes are very fast (f.e. SW-update every 3 months) and our R&D developers always look after a product holistically from start to finish and do not just manufacture a single component - they accompany the entire product from A-Z.Would you like to go your way in a unique, technology-savvy organization and make a significant contribution to further expansion?We should get to know each other!
Back to top