Engineering Instructional Designer
- Norcross, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic has an immediate need for an Instructional Designer in our Atlanta, GA or Grand Rapids, MI location. This team member's responsibilities will include leading the development of our Global Engineering Onboarding and Assimilation Program, which includes analyzing training needs, designing multiple learning tracks and courses, and developing learning materials, as well as managing the ongoing implementation of the program across Dematic globally. Delivery modes will be eLearning, instructor led, virtual instructor led, and a blend of these modes. The best candidate is passionate about both designing and developing training content and performance support materials.
- Analyze, design, develop, implement, and improve entire courses, curriculums, and training materials for the Dematic Global Project Engineering organization.
- Work with stakeholders to identify development and learning solutions to support department goals and strategies.
- Design and implement learning materials such as eLearning courses, job aids, in-person trainings, and guides to increase capabilities and performance.
- Advise training teams, SMEs, other internal stakeholders to assess training needs and select the most appropriate structure, media, and delivery formats depending on learning goals.
- Manage timelines and deliverables across multiple projects and teams.
- Develop and evolve training/eLearning formats and templates, integrating sound learning principles. Integrate user feedback into content design.
- Plan and manage the content development cycle in collaboration with the program SMES, leadership team, and Global Talent team, performing other duties as assigned.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Develops complex individual and group training courses and activities for employees. Monitors the effectiveness of course materials, reviews feedback, and modifies/revises course materials as instructed. Completes the development of new course materials. May identify, evaluate and obtain training programs and materials from external vendors.
What We Are Looking For
- Five years of experience designing, developing, and delivering business and/or technical training programs and curricula, including strong experience with eLearning
- Bachelors degree in Instructional Design, or closely related field
- Proven track record of creating well-designed storyboarding for eLearning
- Strong communication skills and extensive experience working with technical subject matter experts
- Familiarity with basic engineering concepts
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Proven success with eLearning programming tools including Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, etc., plus
- Exceptional English speaking and writing skills
- Able to build engaging eLearning solutions and develop interactive videos and other visual designs using company brand guidelines to ensure consistency across all learning resources
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technology and industry standards
- Ability to balance and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a constantly changing environment
- Creativity, enthusiasm, drive, and ability to innovatively and creatively apply current learning thought to development
- Design, develop, and implement change management plans
- Coordinate and track training sessions
Back to top